Vesper is one of the leader in the high growth MEMS microphone market. Using our cutting-edge proprietary piezoelectric MEMS technology, we have pioneered a new class of voice interface devices. Vesper has a fun and energetic startup culture, and we are well funded by leading VCs such as Accomplice and Amazon’s Alexa Fund, plus we have partnered with leading companies such as DSP Group, Synaptics, GLOBALFOUNDRIES and TSMC.
We seek experienced candidates for this ASIC Digital Engineering position. The candidate will be responsible for all technical aspects of designing the digital portion of ICs designed for Vesper’s microphones. From conception to validation.
Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Owns all aspects of the process flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power use.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering ASIC and will be based in downtown Boston.
Qualifications – Required:
- MS Engineering degree – Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of digital design experience with multiple successful tapeouts.
- Experience working with full digital Cadence set of tools. From digital design, verification, synthesis, place and route and timing analysis. (RTL, System Verilog, Genus, Innovus).
- Experience designing complex state-machines, multiple clock domains designs, digital interfaces such as I2C/I2S, and integrating Efuse or OTP.
- Strong experience in Digital Signal Processing designs such as Audio Codecs lineups (decimation, interpolation, filter designs, sigma-delta converters).
- Experience designing and delivering designs into Cadence environment and with mixed mode simulations including analog designs.
- Experience with VerilogAMS and analog/digital mixed mode verification.
Qualifications – Desired:
- Strong system level engineering experience in Audio digital designs.
- Strong knowledge of Matlab/Simulink.
- Good understanding of analog design and principles.
- Experience working within or closely to an analog design team.
- Experience in MEMS ASICs preferred.
- Willing to work in Downtown Boston.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Wage: Vesper offers a competitive salary and an attractive stock option package