Vesper is one of the leader in the high growth MEMS microphone market. Using our cutting-edge proprietary piezoelectric MEMS technology, we have pioneered a new class of voice interface devices. Vesper has a fun and energetic startup culture, and we are well funded by leading VCs such as Accomplice and Amazon’s Alexa Fund, plus we have partnered with leading companies such as DSP Group, Synaptics, GLOBALFOUNDRIES and TSMC.
We seek experienced candidates for this IC Evaluation Engineering position. The IC Evaluation Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects of evaluating ASICs designed for Vesper’s microphones. Designing, developing and debugging evaluation test equipment, algorithms and hardware to evaluate analog and digital designs. Responsible for quick and accurate evaluation reports and development of tests to assist the ASIC team with design and debug. Experience with NI equipment and LabView, TestStand, or LabWindows preferred.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering ASIC and will be based in downtown Boston.
Qualifications – Required:
- BS or MS Engineering degree – Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of IC test and characterization experience of ASICs or SOCs.
- Experience developing with Labview, LabWindows, Python and/or TestStand.
- Hardware development including circuit design, schematic capture and board layout.
- Strong experience in debugging testbenches and ASICs analog issues.
- Develop process documentation, test methods and test plans.
- Experience in processing and organizing large amounts of data.
- Willing to work in Downtown Boston.
Qualifications – Desired:
- 3 to 5 years of MEMS test and characterization experience with good understanding of product principles.
- Knowledge of IC design software (Cadence, Mentor, etc…).
- Strong knowledge of analog design and principles.
- Experience in Audio, Acoustic sensing or MEMs ASICs preferred.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Wage: Vesper offers a competitive salary and an attractive stock option package