Vesper is a leader in the high growth MEMS microphone market. Using our cutting-edge proprietary piezoelectric MEMS technology, we have pioneered a new class of voice interface devices. Vesper has a fun and energetic startup culture, and we are well funded by leading VCs such as Accomplice and Amazon’s Alexa Fund, plus we have partnered with leading companies such as DSP Group, Synaptics, GLOBALFOUNDRIES and TSMC.
We are seeking talented candidates for mixed-signal IC design positions. As part of the Engineering Staff, you will create some of the most advanced ASIC designs in the industry. This person will aid in product definition, design and assist in testing designs to work with cutting-edge piezo-MEMS transducers. This position will indirectly work with the MEMS design team to guarantee successful overall system integration.
- Design high-performance ADCs, DACs and amplifiers.
- Participate in integration, verification, design trade-offs and supervise and/or execute layout activities.
- Provide adequate design planning to design leaders and managers.
- Design documentation and reviews.
- In-Lab silicon debug, evaluation, and validation.
- Support IC qualification.
- MSEE 10-15+ years of experience or PhD 10+ years of experience in Analog/Mixed Signal Design.
- Deep understanding of circuit topologies for low noise amplifiers, comparators, data converters (A/D and D/A).
- Solid mixed-mode design experience and analogue fundamentals are needed.
- Good understanding of continuous time and switched capacitor designs.
- Experience with CMOS/BICMOS analog circuit design.
- Designed in multiple technology nodes & foundries.
- Track record of successful tape-outs of innovative designs.
- Familiarity with analog and digital Cadence design tools.
- Strong Semiconductor Physics Fundamentals
- Software experience using Cadence, Verilog, VHDL, Verilog-A/AMS and MATLAB.
- Good documentation and communication skills. Ability to work independently and with others.
- Candidate should demonstrate a true motivation to work with a team to bring new ideas that will help override competition.
- Candidate should have a strong willingness to provide innovative circuit design solutions.
Qualifications – Desired:
- Strong knowledge of high-resolution sigma-delta data converter for audio application. Either continuous time or switched-capacitor architectures.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience to use diverse laboratory tools for silicon evaluation.
- Experience finding and managing 3rd party design companies.
- Fluent understanding of digital process flow – RTL generation and simulation, synthesis, Automated P&R, and Validation & Verification simulation(s).
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and able to work in downtown Boston.
Submit CV or resume to: Ronald Gagnon, Jr. at email@example.com