Vesper is the leader in the high growth MEMS microphone market. Using our cutting-edge proprietary piezoelectric MEMS technology, we have pioneered a new class of voice interface devices. Vesper has a fun and energetic startup culture, and we are well funded by leading VCs such as American Family Ventures, Accomplice, Amazon’s Alexa Fund, Baidu and Bose, plus we have partnered with leading companies such as DSP Group, Synaptics, GLOBALFOUNDRIES and TSMC.
- Responsible for driving failure analysis and root cause determination of piezoelectric MEMS microphones utilizing outside FA vendors
- Lead failure analysis investigations using structure problem-solving methods to engage a cross-functional team to diagnose, resolve, and prevent future problems
- Manage reliability test plans for new products, including look-ahead reliability studies during prototyping phase and full qualification during release to production phase
- Develop and execute characterization plans for new products
- Define production test limit and datasheet specifications based on characterization data
- Define and execute reliability test plans for look-ahead reliability studies during Prototype phase of product development
- Develop and document procedures for advanced reliability tests, such as deep water immersion, dust testing, etc.
- Work with Applications Engineering on Customer related Issues.
- 3+ years product and failure analysis experience in semiconductor industry, MEMS experience preferred
- Minimum of a BSEE electronics/communications engineering, BSME acoustics engineering, or similar degree
- Knowledge of common failure analysis techniques and tools including sample preparation, FIB/SEM, X-Ray, cross sectioning, emission microscopy, OBIRCH/XIVA and material analysis EDX/FTIR/Auger/Raman spectroscopy
- Strong competence in analog circuits and systems, acoustics and/or MEMS devices
- Hands-on experience in a lab environment evaluating/characterizing acoustic devices
- Hands-on experience executing and analyzing Measurement Systems Analysis of production test systems, including Gauge R&R studies
- Experience with structured problem solving methods (such as 8D)
- Experience with Design of Experiments, statistics for manufacturing engineering,
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as JMP, Minitab, etc.
- Programming experience, such as Matlab, Python, JSL, Labview, is a plus
- Team player with good communication skills and fluency in English
- Willingness to travel
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Wage: Vesper offers a competitive salary and attractive stock option package
Submit CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org