Vesper Technologies Inc. specializes in the development and commercialization of piezoelectric technology for the consumer electronics market. Our ultra-high SNR, highly linear microphones provide an enhanced user experience for mobile device customers. We offer a competitive benefits package including stock options and have a fun energetic startup culture with many company events. We are well funded by leading VCs and technology industry partners.
We are seeking talented candidates for mixed-signal IC design. As part of the engineering staff, you will design, implement, and assist in testing application specific integrated circuits to integrate with cutting-edge piezo-MEMS microphones. Your role is to construct microphone read-out ICs that meet all product specifications. This position will work directly with the ASIC design team as well as the test & characterization team, assisting with test specifications and design expectations. This position will also indirectly work with the MEMS design team to guarantee successful overall system integration.
- MSEE 5-9+ years of experience or PhD and 2-5+ years of experience.
- Mixed-signal IC design experience 5+ years
- Audio-focused high-resolution sigma-delta data converter experience
- Fluent understanding of digital process flow – behavioral, synthesis, and APR simulations
- Proven track record of block-level and top-level mixed-signal system design
- Designed in multiple technology nodes & foundries
- Audio amplifier experience – Class AB & D
- Deep understanding of circuit topologies for low noise amplifiers, comparators, data converters (A/D and D/A),phase-locked loops
- Solid background and knowledge in bandgaps, biasing circuits, op-amp design, switched-cap circuits, LDOs, feedback and compensation techniques
- Track record of successful tape-outs of innovative designs
- Familiarity with analog and digital Cadence design tools
- Software experience using RHEL, Cadence, Verilog, Perl, VHDL, Verilog-A, & MATLAB and/or C/C++
- Deep understanding of device noise, mismatch, linearity, and other analog impairments
- Self-management and/or start up experience preferred
- Consumer electronics product design preferred
- Audio/microphone experience preferred
- Able to work in downtown Boston
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Submit CV or resume to: Craig Core at firstname.lastname@example.org